The Ethos of the school:
- Teachers have an awareness of the developmental stages of children and aim to bring pedagogical material at a time and in a manner that meets the developing needs of the child.
- Teachers strive to teach in a creative and imaginative way, whether teaching algebra or art for example.
- Teachers strive to bring the curriculum in a manner that encourages curiosity, a desire to be inquisitive and develops a lifelong love of learning.
- All subjects are valued equally whether artistic or academic, and an appreciation of all subjects is encouraged.
During their time at school, we aim for all pupils to:
- Feel safe
- Feel known and recognized as individuals
- Know that staff care about them, want to listen to and support them
- Develop a love of learning
When pupils leave the school, we aim for them to leave:
- With a sense of well-being, confidence and self-belief.
- As balanced, open minded, tolerant, inquisitive and well -rounded young adults,
- As socially and economically responsible adults
- Academically ready for further education should they choose it
- Educated to a breadth and standard that enables them to consider a range of possibilities when taking their next steps in life